The XtremePricer is designed to return the cheapest, easiest, fastest and shortest routings available between 2 points – no matter how many airlines or transfer points are necessary.
It evaluates all relevant and possible flight combinations, rules and restrictions and builds a routing comprising several airlines and transfer points. The results are constant no matter which GDS is being used.
In contrast, most standard booking engines rely on the Low-Fare-Searches of the GDS, which are optimised for plain and simple routings. These search engines deliver improper results as soon as more than two transfer points are allowed per routing or no major airport is included.
If the routing contains add-on fl ights, for which different airlines are applicable, most search engines shut down entirely. Moreover, GDS Low-Fare-Searches generate expensive transaction fees.
Complex routings have to be constructed manually by specialists working with cryptic GDS entry masks. The XtremePricer simplifies this process dramatically.
- Best available‚ Feeder – Longhaul – Add-on‘ combination
- Shortest total travel time
- Shortest connection time
- Includes any allowed airline and transfer point
- No manual workload for building complex routings
- Consideration of all tariff restrictions
- Application of the latest search algorithms and heuristics
- Efficient handling of complex revenue generating routings
- Constant results indepentent from the GDS in use
Reduction of GDS Transactions:
- Before availability requests are sent to the GDS, all routing combinations applicable for the respective tariffs are created using external time table information. These routings are checked for allowed flight numbers, operating flight days etc.
- The results are sorted according to price and shortest travel time.
- Exact availability requests including information on transfer points and operating carriers, are sent to the GDS.
GDS transactions are minimised since only valid, plausible and truly applicable requests are sent to the GDS!